Once you have the object clean of oxidation, the Step 2 AL-NEW Protect application will be very simple and time efficient and adds to the durability of the treated surface.
Link to video example on a patio table: Patio Table Example Video
Here are a few helpful written tips to supplement the video above to get the best outcome:
1. Sponge should be damp, not saturated (too much liquid could cause a white film when dried)
2. Wet the sponge by pressing it to the open mouth of the bottle and inverting the bottle a few times in a few spots in a row on the edge of the sponge. Squeeze the sponge to wring out extra liquid. See example video at this link How to Use the Blue Microfiber Sponge
3. Goal is to apply a thin coat of AL-NEW Protect (more product is not better here)
4. Use light pressure to apply
5. Slightly overlap your passes to avoid streaks or lap marks
6. On larger surfaces like tabletops or garage doors, use a circular motion with the sponge as you would when waxing a car to ensure the entire area is covered.
7. If streaks do occur, the walnut hand pad in combo with Step 1 Clean can be reused to rework any areas and remove imperfections in the finish coat
8. In direct sun and temperatures above 70F, the AL-NEW Protect will dry to touch within 30 minutes, while the surface will continue to cure for multiple hours
9. A single pass in most cases is all that is needed. A 2nd pass can be applied, layering on top of Pass 1, however care should be taken on smooth surfaces to avoid creating streaks with too much of the Step 2 Protect. We recommend allowing 2 hours of drying time prior to applying a 2nd pass.