Step 1 Clean of our 2 Step Residential Clean & Protect Kit will have your patio furniture, garage doors, window frames, exterior lights, and metal fencing looking its best. By breaking the bonds of oxidation, Step 1 Clean can clean and restore your outdoor metal surfaces to their original shine and luster.
Make sure to follow up with Step 2 Protect to lock in the color and luster so you can enjoy your outdoor patio furniture and more for years to come.
Use of the AL-NEW Step 1 Clean helps remove oxidation and restore faded color on your patio furniture, windows, garage door, light fixtures, fencing, and more.This is an easy-to-apply and fast DIY alternative to repainting. Below are the instructions on how to use the AL-NEW Step 1 Clean.
Link to video example on a patio table: Patio Table Video Example
Microfiber towel preparation for use with Step 1 Clean
Link to video for towel prep: How to Prep your Microfiber Towel
1. Fold (1) of the 14” x 14” microfiber towels 3 times, creating an applicator 7” x 3.5” in size.
2. Wet the folded towel by pouring a few ounces of the AL-NEW Clean in the center (you may want to do this over a paint tray to avoid any spills)
3. Squeeze the towel to distribute the liquid through the layers of the towel
4. You now have an applicator ready to clean your surface
Wipe the aluminum surface you are treating with the wet microfiber towel
Link to video: How to Apply Step 1 - Clean to a Cast Aluminum Table
1. Wipe the surface with the wet towel (prepared using the instructions above)
2. Apply moderate pressure as you wipe
3. Instant improvement will indicate removal of surface level contamination
4. Re-wet the towel frequently and rotate to clean sections of the towel when needed.
5. For tougher oxidation the walnut hand pad should be used as the next step
Critical Step for heavy oxidation: Use the Walnut hand pad in addition to the towel
Heavy layers of oxidation take years to develop, so a more robust solution is sometimes needed for full cleaning. Often patio tabletops show the most significant levels of white oxidation and need the walnut pad to get them clean.
Link to video: How to Use the Walnut Pad
1. The walnut hand pad is needed when you have heavy oxidation stains embedded in the metal.
2. Use the walnut hand pad for a deeper level of clean not achieved with the microfiber towel alone.
3. Pads should be used on a surface still wet with Step 1 AL-NEW Clean. Test the walnut hand pad in a small area before using on the entire object.
4. Dipping the walnut had pads in Step 1 AL-NEW Clean is a great technique to increase lubricity and improve the effectiveness of cleaning.
5. Agitate the surface with the walnut hand pad using light pressure, which will lift oxidation
6. Follow passes of your walnut pad with a wet microfiber towel to clean off oxidation
7. Continue use of the walnut hand pad until
visible white oxidation has been cleaned
8. Allow the now clean surface to dry.
Dry time is subject to environmental conditions such as direct sun or shade, temperature, and humidity.